Pictured above: E-book-to-Motion participant Julio Contreras.
E-book-to-Motion: The Way forward for Meals (March-Might 2016)
Do not Miss the Keynote Occasion: Thursday, April 21 – see particulars beneath.
Get entangled in an amazing guide … and in your group!
How we produce and eat meals has an even bigger impression on Individuals’ well being and well-being than some other human exercise. Be taught what you are able to do to assist chart a brand new course for the way forward for meals.
Learn Lentil Underground: Renegade Farmers and the Way forward for Meals in America. A protégé of Michael Pollan, creator Liz Carlisle tells the story of an unheralded group of Montana farmers who defied company agribusiness by launching a novel sustainable meals motion.
Whereas provides final, request a free copy of Lentil Underground, get particulars of the entire sequence of occasions, and signal as much as volunteer:
Keynote Occasion: Thursday, April 21 @ Hayward Metropolis Corridor – Sustainable Meals Useful resource Honest (5-7 pm) Cooking demonstrations, free meals samples ready by Blue Heron Catering, and networking with native meals coverage, city farming, and meals justice organizations. Keynote Audio system (7-9 pm), together with creator Liz Carlisle; David Oien, Montana natural farmer and founding father of Timeless Pure Meals; Dr. Lawrence Kushi, Director of Scientific Coverage on the Kaiser Permanente Northern California Division of Analysis; and Dr. Ricardo Salvador, the Union of Involved Scientist’s Senior Scientist and Director of UCS’s Meals & Surroundings Program, primarily based in Washington, DC.
* Tuesday, April 5, Midday-1:00 pm, CSU East Bay, Library Biella Room
* Wednesday, April 6, 6:30-7:30 pm, Predominant Library
"Can You Dig This" movie, produced by John Legend – Free Movie Showings:
* Thursday, April 28, 2:00-Three:30 pm, CSU East Bay, College Theater
* Thursday, Might 5, 7:00 – 9:00 pm, Hayward Metropolis Corridor
* Dig into natural farming on the Sunol AgPark, the place sustainable farming and public teaching programs are defending pure assets within the Alameda Creek watershed. Assist farmers compost, mulch, weed, and irrigate their land to supply scrumptious, contemporary meals for various Bay Space communities. Saturdays, March 26, April 2, 9, 16, and Might 9 – name (510) 881-7700 for registration info.
* Educate the group in regards to the Union of Involved Scientists’ Plate of the Union initiative. Let’s create a future the place each American has entry to wholesome, inexpensive meals that’s honest to meals staff, good for the atmosphere, and improves farmers’ livelihoods. Outreach: Saturday, Might 14, 9:30-1:00 pm, Hayward Predominant Library, 835 C Avenue
* Rising your personal greens all begins with a seed! Get entangled within the Hayward Seed Lending Library group.
Sponsored by: The Hayward Public Library, California State College East Bay (Heart for Group Engagement and Management Worker Enrichment Program), and Pals of the Hayward Library.
For extra info go to eastbaybooktoaction.weebly.com/ or name (510) 881-7700.